Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, oh my! The holidays are upon us, which means it’s time to start getting your home ready! From decorating to menu planning, there’s a lot to do to get your home holiday-ready. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with these tips.
Decorating for the Holidays
One of the best ways to get you in the spirit of the holidays is decorating your home! If you’re not sure where to start, here are a few ideas:
- Put up a holiday wreath on your front door. Start small with the entryway of your home and either buy a small wreath or make your own with your kids or friends.
- Hang the lights! Lights are a fixture of holiday decor. String them up around your windows, doors, and roof.
- Deck out your mantelpiece and stairs with garlands, stockings, and holiday figurines.
Getting the Fireplace Ready
Nothing says cozy like snuggling up in front of a roaring fireplace. If you have a fireplace in your home, now is the time to get it inspected and cleaned so that it’s ready to use come holiday time. Here are a few tips:
- Schedule an appointment with a professional chimney sweep to clean out any debris that may have built up over the year.
- Inspect the firebox, damper, mortar joints, and flue for any cracks or damage.
- Make sure that your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.
- Swap out your air filters to prepare to trap additional air pollutants and debris.
Coming Up with a Holiday Menu
One of the most daunting tasks of holiday hosting is coming up with a festive menu that will please all of your guests. Whether you’re doing a full-blown dinner party or just having family over for appetizers and dessert, here are a few menu ideas to get you started:
- Appetizers: baked brie wrapped in puff pastry or roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberry glaze
- Main Course: ham with honey glaze or slow cooker beef stew
- Dessert: try something traditional like pumpkin pie or go for something unique like gingerbread cheesecake
No matter what you decide on, your guests are sure to love it!
From decorating to menu planning, there’s a lot to do but we’ve got you covered with these tips. So what are you waiting for? Start getting your home holiday-ready today!